Naas is the administrative and provincial capital of County Kildare. The name, Naas, in Irish Nás-na-Riogh, means “The Place of Assembly of the Kings”. It is a pleasant old town situated along the Grand Canal with a great array of cafés, pubs, hotels and boutiques. St. Mary’s Church and St. David’s Church are two beautiful historic buildings in the town and well worth a visit.
Where to Stay in Naas
Things to see and do in Naas
- Take a stroll along the Grand Canal from the harbour where you can feed the swans or just relax and take in your natural surroundings
- Need an adrenalin rush? Visit Mondello Park, Ireland’s only international race circuit, click here for upcoming track days
- Enjoy some afternoon tea and browse the arts & culture centre at McAuley Place
- Visit the Moat Theatre, a local theatre who run great productions and exhibition all year round
- Naas is also close to two racecourses, Naas & Punchestown making it a great place to visit if you are a race-goer.
Places to eat
Vie de Châteaux, Harbour View.
Tel: 00 353 45 888 478
Siblings Cafe, Monread Leisure & Commercial Centre, Block 1 Monread Ave, Monread South, Naas.
Tel: 00 353 45 889 819
Home Café & Restaurant, John’s Ln, Naas East, Naas.
Tel: 00 353 45 881 547
Las Rada Wine & Tapas Bar, New Row
Tel: 00 353 45 879 978